<$BlogRSDURL$>
Man At Arms
Sunday, June 12, 2005
 
Sunday.
Two days left. My extended family just left, and I'm relaxing here in front of the Yankee game... I'm not sure how I feel about things. Tomorrow is going to be another stressful, run-around day, so hopefully I won't have time to worry about things.

Tuesday morning I'm going to shave my goatee.

Oh. Went to see The Longest Yard yesterday. I'm sure it would be good if you hadn't seen the movies it ripped off, but all I could think the entire last half is how much bullshit Hollywood is filled with these days. It was funny, at least.

We played croquet this morning. I only played 1.5 games, as I took over my Aunt's spot the first game when I first woke up. Our yard really sucks for croquet; it's got tons of bumps and holes and the grass is too high. That's hardly an excuse, though, since even with a big handicap I finished second the first game and playing the whole game myself I finished first; still lost both, though, because I suck as poison. For some reason I just can't manage to hit people when I'm going to get them out.

It's funny how much a year can change you.

I fucked up one of my knives yesterday. My Hissatsu from Columbia River was the black finish model, and apparently they're not designed to be sharpened. Or something. On one side of my knife, after absolutely normal sharpening (the same as the other 20 knives I sharpened yesterday, all of which survived very well), the finish is wrecked. I was not doing anything wrong, but I guess once a bit of finish caught on the stone next to the edge I was making it just ripped a huge swath of finish right off. At least it's damn sharp now. Maybe if I still really like it after hard use I'll get it refinished with boron carbide or something like that, with a millimeter of clearance from the edge to where the finish begins to avoid tearing it off again.

Eh. I'd still like to leave some insightful political posts before I ship, but I just don't see it happening. I don't know if I'll post again until tomorrow, depending on how the getting ready goes.
- posted by Dave @ Sunday, June 12, 2005
|

Powered by Blogger
Site Meter