<$BlogRSDURL$>
Man At Arms
Wednesday, May 25, 2005
 
Yankees... Belated
Well, I slept through it (I'm on a F-ed up sleep schedule) but I taped the game and I'm watching it now. I'm too busy to do a total rundown of the game, but I guess I'll mention the highlights. Oh, when I turned on the TV, despite all efforts to the contrary, I glimpsed the damn score on the YES score scroller thing. It just happened to be on the one game I did not want to see the scores for! ...So the outcome of this game isn't a mystery to me. I hate knowing the outcome, because it destroys most of the suspense in a game of suspense.


Entry 1, middle of the fifth:
The Tigers have gotten a few hits, but they're scoreless at the bottom of the fifth.

A-rod has hit two home runs so far for a total of three runs in the 2nd (solo) and 4th. Posada hit a solo home run immediately after A-rod in the 4th, and Cano hit a sac-fly to bring Giambi home again in the 4th inning. Yankees 5, Tigers 0.

Mussina is pitching very well. He's given up a few hits, like I said, but he's pitching an excellent game; not once have the Tigers had a runner in scoring position for an earned run.


Entry 2, bottom of the fifth
Womack was hit in by Sheffield's deep homer to left field to bring the score to 7-0. That's the fourth home run of the game for the Yankees. Man, I'd hate to be the Tigers starter...

Oh my. Fifth home run of the game by Posada for three (Matsui and A-rod were on base)--the second of the game for him--against the relief pitcher, Ginter. That brings the score to 10-0 with no outs.

The inning ended quickly with a double play off the bat of Cano and a ground-out by Jeter. One more run was scored by Russ Johnson running for Giambi (on the double play hit), so it's 11-0.


Entry 3, no clue what inning it is (turns out it's the top of the 8th)
WTF? Quantrill apparently hit Jason Smith intentionally and was ejected from the game, along with Joe Torre... this is a new one for me. Heh. Kind of funny, I guess; the announcers are speculating that it was retaliation for the Tigers hitting A-rod after his hot game.

Tigers hitter Thames got a three run homer off Buddy Groom.


Entry 4, bottom of the 8th
Cano got a solo home run to lead off the inning, bringing the score up to 12-3. That's the seventh home run of the game, six of which were hit off Yankee bats.


Entry 5, final (Yankees 12, Tigers 3)
Well, that was a pretty one-sided game. Fun to watch the Yankees kick ass, but I feel bad for the Tigers. They got 10 hits, only 4 less than the Yankees, and that's pretty bad for only getting three runs in.
- posted by Dave @ Wednesday, May 25, 2005
|

Powered by Blogger
Site Meter