<$BlogRSDURL$>
Man At Arms
Friday, May 13, 2005
 
Some night stuff
Yankees are playing well. It's 5-2 in the top of the 8th, actually make that 6-2 off the sacrifice fly by Matsui. Sadly Tino isn't hitting very well; I think it's 0-3 tonight. He won't have more than one more at-bat, which means his home-run game streak might be over. This will be, I think, a 6 game winning streak assuming they don't blow it. My dream ending? Tied in the bottom of the ninth and a game winning home run by Tino in the 11th inning. That would be sweet!

I've been playing this game a lot in the last few days. My record before about an hour ago was 211 kills, but then I blasted through it for a new record of 289. Good luck, should you choose to play it; the only advice I'll give is look for the weakness, or rather most efficient way of killing the different types, shoot them before they get all the way up, and shift gets you to the shotgun. Hat tip to Sayuncle.

Gun cleaning supplies are fun. Cleaning a rifle without a table at all and keeping shit on each knee with the solvent on the floor etc is rough, though. One of my rods either wasn't shipped or was stolen/fell out in transit; I ordered three 24-25" Dewey nylon coated rods, two for rifle and one for shotgun, and the shotgun rod never showed up although a tube for it did. The tube was not sealed like the others (plastic cap and staples), so I'm not sure what happened. I'll contact MidwayUSA to find out on monday, I suppose.

I'm going to the cabin to shoot and stuff tomorrow. I'll be bringing three pistols and three long guns, though I'll be concentrating on my 1911 and AR-180B. I'm bringing my Mosin Nagant M38 to see if the extensive cleaning I did (without the table...) helps with my case extraction problem. The others are my 870 to shoot with the new Hogue furniture, Ruger P95 9mm for the hell of it to burn some 9mm ammo and warm up before shooting the 1911, and my Single Six just for fun. Oh, hell, I'll bring the 336 as well. It's bored and wants to be shot, I'm sure, though I have very little (like 75 rounds) ammunition for it.

I'll be able to try two, maybe three target handgun engagement drills because I'm bringing the other standup target down. I have 198 of the 200 silhouette targets I bought in February left and only a month to use them so I will burn through a few dozen of those without worrying about getting 50-100 shots out of each. I'd also like to try rifle/shotgun to handgun transitions and other fun drills like that, but I'll probably be so tired by the time I get around to it I just won't have the will.

Speaking of handgun stuff, I'm still waiting on two holsters and two mag pouches I ordered about 4 and 8 weeks ago (one holster and pouch for each length of time) from CopsPlus. They keep pushing the backorder time back, which is annoying enough, but they also don't bother to tell you something is on backorder or low stock before you place your order to begin with. I liked them before, but they've been really pissing me off with this sort of thing. I can not recommend them. Some other stuff I'm waiting on.. my Anzas, though that doesn't bother me quite so much. My Marvel Precision 22LR 1911 upper. Some other crap, I think, but I don't recall off the top of my head. It's getting down to the wire, here, and I'm wondering if I'll even fucking be here by the time these morons get off their fat asses and SHIP ME MY STUFF. Ugh. The holsters and 1911 upper REALLY bother me because even if they get here monday morning at 7 AM I'll hardly have time to use them in any practical sense before I ship. Thanks a lot guys, I thought a three month buffer was enough but I guess I underestimated your incompetence. I'm getting really frustrated right now because it seems like 80% of the stuff I planned and invested in got shot down by other people being complete fucking assholes.

Well, about 2 minutes ago Tino got walked. Two walks in a row, actually, now, so unless there's some A's miracle this game is over and Tino's streak is over as well. Sigh. That's really disappointing. I was greatly looking forward to this game because I wanted to see him hit at least 6 (that would make him the 4th or 5th Yankee to ever hit a 6 game home run streak). Who gives a shit if they win if Tino loses? As I wrote this Giambi hit in 2 runs, so I think the A's are done. Poor Tino...
- posted by Dave @ Friday, May 13, 2005
|

Powered by Blogger
Site Meter