<$BlogRSDURL$>
Man At Arms
Friday, May 27, 2005
 
NY Gun Bans...
Apparently the NY Assembly passed a bill that would ban several of the weapons I own. It's not a law yet, pending approval by the NY Senate--which is controlled by the Rs. See here if you're interested. Hat tip to John Lott via SayUncle.

So. I see they have a grandfather provision that would require me to register my weapons with the police and provide ballistics. Fuck that. Also notice the quote: "Under Lavelle's bill, a semi-automatic gun with a detachable ammunition magazine that accepts 10 or more rounds would be outlawed." I don't see a 'rifle' in that sentence, so I guess they mean just about all double stack pistols in existence too. I guess the NY AWB didn't go far enough on that score?

Yeah, I'm glad I'm getting the hell out of here and I'm certainly never coming back. I'll have to find a place to store my shit out of state before November if this thing passes, because I won't have anywhere to store them wherever I get tossed in the Army--at least not for a while.

There's a 50 caliber ban coming too, I see. The usual BS claims of 'shooting down airplanes' are made, of course. Did nobody in the NY Legislature take a physics class in high school? Maybe they have an IQ cap before you can run for office.

I'm slumming on the NY .gov site and am frankly staggered by the kind of laws these fucknoses are trying to pass on us. I'd mention a few, like trying to raise the legal hunting age to 18, giving tax officers the authority to carry weapons without a license, automatic concealed carry permits for retiring LEOs, one handgun per thirty days, further restrictions on ammunition purchases... but I won't, because I don't want a fucking stroke.
- posted by Dave @ Friday, May 27, 2005
|

Powered by Blogger
Site Meter