<$BlogRSDURL$>
Man At Arms
Thursday, May 26, 2005
 
Nothing specific
Good Yankees game last night. They won... 4-2, I think. Yay. I watched it on tape, but I barely remember any cool happenings (if there were any) so you don't get any commentary. I feel weird talking about the game in realtime when it's not actually on, anyway.

I spent the rest of the night reading military forums and watching military movies to try to psych myself up again, to get inspired for training. So that was fun, like always; it gives me kind of an adrenaline jolt that lasts several days at the least.

I went running about 30 minutes ago, and that was bloody awful. I ran my regular half mile warmup, pushing kind of hard but not really--I'm stiff when I start running, usually, and a short warmup does wonders for opening up my form and letting the motion flow smoothly. I hit the canal path to stretch and as soon as I stopped I felt like I was having an episode or something: I got a really bad headache, it felt like my blood pressure spiked, I was having trouble breathing, and my throat felt really gummy and I couldn't clear it no matter what hack/spit technique I tried. Well, the run ended there, and after trying to recover for another 5 minutes I started slowly limping my broken ass home, which took 15 freakin minutes because I was walking so damn slow. That's a new experience; despite all the ways I've punished myself running, including some very hard hot weather 5k races, 8x1200 intervals at threshold, twelve+ mile days... I never felt quite that way. Kind of like someone had my lungs and trachea in their fist and squeezed; I hope to fucking God I'm not developing asthma or something, because that's an infantry career killer. I'll go running as soon as I wake up tonight around 11 and if it happens again I'll get worried. That's a lie, I'm already worried, which is why I rambled on for so long about this crap. Any kind of new, bad experience in running bugs the shit out of me because I've been running for long enough at a high intensity that I've had most of the regular problems already happen to me.

Yeah, I'm going to find some food. Have a good day.
- posted by Dave @ Thursday, May 26, 2005
|

Powered by Blogger
Site Meter