<$BlogRSDURL$>
Man At Arms
Thursday, May 19, 2005
 
Miscellany
Kelly Clarkson has an amazing voice.

DO NOT buy a Para Ordnance pistol. I've had two fucking parts break in light use (one is a god damn pin!) and apparently they don't use standard magazine catches, so I have fucking three mag catches from different manufacturers that I CAN NOT get to fit my pistol. They are not cheap either, about $25 each. I'm pissed as hell because I could have gotten a Springfield for $200 less and avoided these problems entirely, but Para Ordnance is a quality company, right? What a load of shit!

Airborne Physical = biggest waste of time in recent memory. I spent a total of 22 hours on this project, from getting in the car at 4:30 yesterday to getting home today, and guess how long I actually spent doing something worthwhile? Ten. Minutes. Assuming three hours of travel no matter how long I was there, that means the Army operated at 0.8% efficiency. Thanks a lot guys.

I see the Yankees lost last night. I only saw about three plays on ESPN (six fucking times because apparently SportsCenter's idea of a good show is replaying the same shit over and over for two hours), but that ends the winning streak. They're now six games back in fourth instead of tied for third with the Blue Jays at 5.5 back, but I'm not too worried about it yet.

Sgt Hartley has a Dodge Stratus sedan (I think, it might be an Intrepid... I generally ignore Dodge vehicles), and I actually like it a lot. It's roomy and comfortably powerful. I'm trying to figure out what kind of cars there are out there that meet my specifications for a supplement to a full size truck, see. A Cherokee Sport would do nicely, actually... good power and torque with traction for shitty weather without gulping fuel like a 350 cubic inch V8, compact, and roomy to boot. Ah, yes, I would love a 1996 or so Cherokee Sport. I think I just solved my own puzzle. So for my third vehicle (pending lotto winnings) I'll just buy a third generation RX-7 to fill the sports car slot in my garage. No problem.

Bill Whittle has a new essay up, a two parter. See here and here.

Oh, I didn't even ask about the leaving early thing. Events transpired to make me reconsider that option, and you don't get to know how. Nya nya.
- posted by Dave @ Thursday, May 19, 2005
|

Powered by Blogger
Site Meter