<$BlogRSDURL$>
Man At Arms
Wednesday, May 18, 2005
 
MEPS...
I'm real nervous. I've been through this before, so you'd think it wouldn't bother me, but... I don't know. I'm just nervous.

I'm making up a list of questions to ask my recruiter, like how long I'll be waiting between my ship date and the start of OSUT. I'll ask about moving my ship date up with this option, probably just if he's heard of it, but I guess that's why I'm so anxious... if I am offered it, what do I do?

I do want to leave early, but. But... will I regret it? Long run, I don't see how it matters. It might even be better because I'll get tossed into the situation with less warning and I usually perform well that way. See, I'm my own worst enemy and by making all kinds of assumptions and dwelling on things ahead of time I get a skewed point of view for a while when I finally get where I'm going. It sets me back for a short time until I realize I'm being an idiot, and that's just a fact of Dave life. However, in the short term... well, I don't think I'm missing any opportunities, really. Maybe one, but it's not the kind of thing that would be affected by leaving in 3 weeks rather than 1. It's just hard to make this decision.

Well, I've got three hours to figure shit out. All I have to do is a wash so I don't smell like a yak tomorrow, trim my stupid goatee (I eat way too much protein... my beard is like 3 inches long), and find stuff to read. Maybe I'll run by the store and grab some benadryl to help me sleep tonight. I got about 6 hours of sleep last night, not quite few enough hours to assure an easy entry to dreamland about 9-9:30 PM. Sigh.

I shouldn't post anything else before I go, and obviously I won't be around for the Yankees game tonight, so I'll be back tomorrow night sometime.
- posted by Dave @ Wednesday, May 18, 2005
|

Powered by Blogger
Site Meter