<$BlogRSDURL$>
Man At Arms
Thursday, May 26, 2005
 
Free Choice Truncated
What the fuck gives any person or body of people the right to say what I can and can not do if there is no victim of my 'crime'? Or if the 'victim' is me?

This annoys the shit out of me. I see it all the time, the little regulations and restrictions the legislators have placed on the populace to control its actions. For example: it is illegal to attempt to go over Horseshoe Falls in the Niagara Falls area. WTF? If I want to risk my ass in a stupid stunt like that, who the fuck are you to tell me I can't? I'm not hurting anyone but me if I fail, so fuck off! The irony here is that I assume it is to prevent people from killing themselves in a stupid act, but the only way you can punish them is if they fail to kill themselves. Kind of like outlawing suicide...



Yeah I'm too scattered to write a full blown rant/analysis of this phenomenon, but it's one of the essays I have on my plate. Some day I'll publish them and you'll be shocked by my profound writings; I'll promptly usurp Bill Whittle with my insight... HA! Yeah right. While I'm dreaming, I want a pony.
- posted by Dave @ Thursday, May 26, 2005
|

Powered by Blogger
Site Meter