<$BlogRSDURL$>
Man At Arms
Monday, May 16, 2005
 
3 AM Monday...
I had a good night so far. Went over to Kaitlyn's house after the Yankees game to watch the original Star Wars trilogy; we only got through the first two, but it was fun. I could say stuff about her that's good but she might read this! Can't have that. I will say I like her house. Oh, and I got called gay by her 17 year old sister. I guess it's a hobby of hers to insult all of Kaitlyn's friends.

I'm watching Return of the Jedi right now. This is my favorite SW movie. Like all things Star Wars, it makes me want to write. Argh.

I'm almost done with Silverberg's The Man in the Maze; it's a good book, though with about 15 pages to go I'm really wondering what kind of ending there can be. I'll review it fully when I'm done, maybe tomorrow if I feel like it.

Beat my Deanimator score just now. 361; not a huge improvement over 355, but considering that it's only the second time I broke 300 even, I'm happy. I regularly get 255-270 before dying, usually due to fucking up my shotgun/pistol rhythm.

I'm really tired and achy, and I would love to take a bath, but I don't have anything to read... I have another book I'm about 20 minutes away from the end of, but that's nowhere near long enough for a soak. I usually put about an hour into a bath, more if I'm sedate and the water is hot enough, so I read on average probably 100 pages per bath. I like to have a huge margin or another book on standby so I don't run out of reading material and have to get out early. I don't understand the people that take baths without doing something else; hell, if I plan to sit under the water for a while in the shower even I bring a book. Hardcovers are better for this; the glossy covers of paperbacks get wet from the condensation, and I have to hold the book in a small washcloth to avoid that annoyingness. No, I've never ruined a book in the shower, and only once did I drop a book in the bath. That was Michael Crichton's The Lost World, a hardcover, and it happened about 8 years ago. Hardcovers suck in the bath; I hate reading hardcovers laying down as well, because it's hard to lay on either side comfortably while holding one.

Wow, how long can I go on about baths and reading in them? Jesus. Alright, I'm off to sit in this semi-comfortable-but-bad-for-my-back recliner (my God I would love a Benchcraft chaise...), maybe write some scifi, and watch ROTJ. I'll write something tomo--er today, before the Yankees game at 10 PM, and then I'll probably blog the Yankees game again. I really enjoy doing that, even if you don't enjoy reading it. Nya nya.
- posted by Dave @ Monday, May 16, 2005
|

Powered by Blogger
Site Meter