<$BlogRSDURL$>
Man At Arms
Monday, April 18, 2005
 
Dammit Barry!
So I was, yet again, browsing the NoR forums, and a frequent commentor who has a similar taste in fine firearms as me got me all worked up about cowboy type firearms again.

A less frequent commentor is planning on an Uberti 1873 Special Sporting Rifle to celebrate BAG (Buy a Gun) day late, and he asked us gun nuts for advice on the caliber. That's how this began.

So Barry makes a comment on how beautiful the rifle is, a museum piece out of the box, and all that. I definitely agree that it's an absolutely beautiful rifle, though I would choose the carbine for comfort reasons if I planned on using it for more than a wall piece. I can't stand the sharp metal crescent shaped stocks.

He also mentioned the Uberti pistols, which are a whole 'nother story in my mind. They're fucking gorgeous. I have this dream of owning a ranch in Wyoming in 15 years with a horse or two and going out riding with an 1873 Cattleman Old West single action in 45 Colt in a crossdraw rig, cartridges on my belt and all, and a lever action rifle in 45/70 or carbine in 45 Colt in the saddle scabbard. Call me a dork if you want, but I love that image.

So I guess I should post a picture of the Cattleman Old West SAA copy. Here ya go:



Drool.

Oh, and in case you're curious why I would choose a crossdraw holster... try drawing a pistol from a strongside belt holster when you're on a horse. Have fun when you fumble it and drop it muzzle down in the dirt or onto some rocks.
- posted by Dave @ Monday, April 18, 2005
|

Powered by Blogger
Site Meter