<$BlogRSDURL$>
Man At Arms
Tuesday, January 11, 2005
 
More Gun Stuff
Interesting article I found on the Ruger website. Apparently the Army ordered 5,000 Ruger P95 pistols (in stainless too, apparently, wtf?).

Interesting, and an overall good choice in my opinion. The Ruger is very rugged, more reliable and durable than the Beretta 92, and very accurate. It's not fickle about ammunition at all; I've loaded a magazine with six different types of ammunition, with varying bullet design and weight, and it didn't even hiccup. The recoil is slightly harsher due to a polymer frame but it barely flips in my hands. Yeah, I own the gun, in case you're just tuning in. The only thing I don't like about this decision is A: it's 9mm and B: it's stainless. Stainless = not stealthy. Maybe the armorers will parkerize the slides, but Ruger DOES make the pistol in a blued finish. Or maybe it's going to be used by REMFs only. I dunno, but it's typical Army bullshit, if you ask me.

Oh, and it's quite a bit lighter than the Beretta 92. The P95 is 27oz unloaded and the Beretta 92 is 34.4oz, while the loaded weight should be increased by the same amount since they both use steel magazines with the same capacity.


Update: Agh, I thought of another problem. C: the grip is slick. I added skateboard tape to mine, which made a huge difference in positive control. People with smaller hands might have a problem shooting it, but then, that's true of all double stack pistols.

- posted by Dave @ Tuesday, January 11, 2005
|

Powered by Blogger
Site Meter