<$BlogRSDURL$>
Man At Arms
Thursday, December 30, 2004
 
Uh oh...
So SFC Hartley called a guy at MEPS when I stopped by today, and it looks like I might be able to get an Opt40 contract... if I leave VERY soon, in as few as three weeks. Yeah, I don't think so. I could possibly pull it off, but I'll say my chances would drop to 1/10th as good as they would be if I had 3+ months to prepare. I'll find out more when I go to MEPS but for now, I'm going to work my ass off getting ready in case I do have to ship only weeks after I sign my contract.

On an interesting note, I see that Robinson Armament has released a sweet new rifle. I want one. Gas piston, easy caliber switches, lots of rails, great RobArm quality. Definitely replacing the AR-15 system on my weapon wishlist. I'd take it in 20" 5.56x45mm and 16" 6.8mm Remington, with backup iron sights and probably an Aimpoint or EOTech holosight. Mmmm.

- posted by Dave @ Thursday, December 30, 2004
|

Powered by Blogger
Site Meter