<$BlogRSDURL$>
Man At Arms
Sunday, December 19, 2004
 
Today...
...I've been relaxing. I did my pushup thing, got 605 in 3:30 doing sets of 15 reps, then 12 for five and 10 for the last five sets; I waited five minutes between each set. I think if I'd popped in another DVD I'd've hit 800 or so, but I was bored. It was kind of a mental challenge to get up and keep doing them around the two and a half hour mark. Not terribly physically challenging, I suppose--but I wasn't going for muscular failure at all. Instead, I would do the sets until it started getting tiring in the last two reps and then do less reps. The next time I do this I'll start with sets of 20 or 25, or maybe do the sets three or four minutes apart instead of five. Sets of 15 didn't start to get tiring until I'd already done 28 sets, so obviously I was being less than efficient in my time management.

It was enjoyable. Once I get my total up to a standard of 1200+ in four hours I'll be happy. I'm thinking of doing this once every week, and not necessarily just with pushups. If you have to ask why I'm doing it, don't bother, because you probably won't understand anyway. Why do I want to join the military and make it into a Ranger battalion where I'll get smoked 23/7 until I get tabbed (if by God's grace I make it that far)? Who the hell knows, I think running cross country and all that shit made me love pain.

- posted by Dave @ Sunday, December 19, 2004
|

Powered by Blogger
Site Meter