<$BlogRSDURL$>
Man At Arms
Tuesday, December 21, 2004
 
Damn Good Point
Something frequently forgotten today is the original purpose of the 2nd Amendment. It is frequently twisted to cover hunting rifles by the moderate left and self defense by the right. Remember one thing:

Our founding fathers wrote it with the intent that the weapons of the militia (If you're stupid enough to believe the militia is the National Guard, get the fuck out of here. If you're simply misguided, consider yourself reeducated.) could be used to KILL government officials, to instill fear of the people in the government. Don't misunderstand this; it does not give carte blanche to grab a rifle and start sniping senators. Just remember that We, the People are the final check on the government.

I do fear the government, and the government does not fear me. The balance is lost.


P.S. I really suck today. Kevin Baker at The Smallest Minority made me think of this, but I read it earlier today on another blog. So if by some whim of fate you read this, unknown blogger, sorry I couldn't give you the credit for refreshing me.

- posted by Dave @ Tuesday, December 21, 2004
|

Powered by Blogger
Site Meter