<$BlogRSDURL$>
Man At Arms
Saturday, December 18, 2004
 
11:40 AM
Last night I thought the day would end in disappointment after my plans fell through the first time, but luckily I have a friend willing to go to late movies with me. So I was happy. We saw Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, which I enjoyed, though I was left a little confused at the ending. Not to say I didn't understand it, but it seemed too quick and there was no real climax--at least not an obvious one.

That was the first time I went to see a movie since Erin left me. Might seem trivial, but movies were a big thing for us, both in and out of the theater, and like so much in my life the theater was rife with reminders of her. I also haven't rented or watched any movies since we broke up, except those on TV... I miss holding her, and talking to her in whispers during the movie, pausing it to get ice cream or some food if we're at home, and talking to her about the movie on the way home from the theater if that's where we were. I miss her in almost every sphere of my life, and it's really hard to handle sometimes.

I don't know if I'll post anything else today. I'm going to go to city hall to see about the fire department exam today if it's open: mostly for insurance in case I change my mind about enlisting or for some reason it falls through. Tomorrow I'm going to watch the first LOTR extended edition and see how many pushups I can do from start to finish. I'm betting on something like 500 or 600, with sets of around 15 every few minutes, but since most pushup days I only do around 400 in sets of 30-35, I have no idea how I'll handle this. Yes, this is what I do for fun.

- posted by Dave @ Saturday, December 18, 2004
|

Powered by Blogger
Site Meter