<$BlogRSDURL$>
Man At Arms
Sunday, November 28, 2004
 
Speaking of Names...
By far the hardest part of writing for me is coming up with good names. Some people may disagree with me here, but in my experience the name suggests a great deal about the character and influences the character's development significantly. Also, I like authenticity, so for example if I'm writing something in a medieval setting, I'll expend a great deal of time naming my characters properly. I'm not just talking about naming characters, though, naming places is even harder!

The key to writing successful fiction is creating a believable world that readers can fall into without snapping out of your spell every minute or so. Good naming goes a long way there.

- posted by Dave @ Sunday, November 28, 2004
|

Powered by Blogger
Site Meter