<$BlogRSDURL$>
Man At Arms
Wednesday, November 03, 2004
 
Loony Liberals
So the other day I has a pseudoconversation with someone I haven't spoken to in quite a while, about politics, and she apparently took my words to be a personal attack when I challenged her beliefs. I'll admit that I took a somewhat frustrated tone with her, for which I apologized later, and I thought that was the end of it.

Fast forward to five minutes ago. She's absolutely, rabidly anti-Bush, and in her profile she lists a whole bunch of problems she had with him. So, I simply asked what she thought was so wrong with the economy. This somehow makes me a 'pretentious bastard' for attempting to shed a little light on her ignorance? I attempted to have a civil debate with someone that I disagree with, something I manage to do with quite a few liberal friends on a regular basis, and this makes me the bad guy.

I'll admit, despite the very tiny impact this has on my life, it's upsetting to be the object of a personal attack for defending my beliefs and trying to dispel the effects of drinking liberal koolaid by the barrel with truth. It kind of cements in my mind how fucking crazy some of these people are, unwilling to accept reality and so convinced of their own moral superiority that disagreement is anathema and blasphemous.

I'm a pretentious bastard? Fuck that, I think she's just a bitch that can't handle having her delusions shattered. The difference here is that I can admit when I'm wrong.

Eh, I guess the thing that bothers me the most is my own illusion being broken down. I thought she was a logical, reasonable person, someone worth taking the time to talk to; I guess not.

- posted by Dave @ Wednesday, November 03, 2004
|

Powered by Blogger
Site Meter