<$BlogRSDURL$>
Man At Arms
Wednesday, November 24, 2004
 
Friends and Angels
I love my friends. I've been having a real tough time of it lately, and they're always there for me, even if it means listening to me ramble on about the same old stuff over and over as I search for the answer to my pain. Mostly, though, I love them for the times when they can make me forget my pain entirely.

Tonight I had the best conversation in recent memory with a girl I spend far too little time talking to. She made me laugh and smile like nobody has in months, and I think that maybe tonight I can carry this feeling with me to sleep. I just pray her grandfather is alright; our conversation was briefly interrupted when she got an emergency call. Of everyone I know, barring myself, she's the biggest geek yet, and I mean that in a very complimentary fashion. So thank you, if you read this--you know who you are.

Now about angels. I'm not a religious guy, but recently I've had some incidents that shook my non-faith. Last night I had a dream, the specifics of which are very jumbled, except for the feelings I still feel and a few fleeting images. I was in a room with two women, a brunette with dusky skin and dark, beautiful eyes and a pale redhead whose face I could not clearly see. I guess we were talking, and I felt this rush of warmth--of love--the feeling of being truly wanted. I awoke and felt wonderful; I can still feel that warmth deep inside me. Tonight, instead of fighting my demons as I fall to sleep, desperate to avoid them, I will concentrate on that dream, on the two angels that visited me last night, and welcome them into my heart.

- posted by Dave @ Wednesday, November 24, 2004
|

Powered by Blogger
Site Meter