<$BlogRSDURL$>
Man At Arms
Friday, October 15, 2004
 
Early Birthday
Woo hoo. I turn 19 tomorrow, though since I'll be going down to (near) Sproul Forest in PA--we have a cabin down there--my family is insisting on celebrating it tonight. I guess they're taking me out to dinner... in 15 minutes it seems, and then the whole cake thing... sigh. I really hate birthdays, because people expect me to be happy and excited when really it's just one more shitty day for me. I'd be a lot more enthusiastic about tonight if my (ex)girlfriend of 2 and a half years was here with me, and going with me tomorrow (I never did get a chance to teach her to shoot...), but otherwise, I just don't want to do it.

I'll be excited on my 21st birthday, because on that day (depending on which state I'm in) I'll either go out and buy a pistol / apply for a CCW permit, or take whatever steps necessary to get permission from Big Brother to buy a handgun; of course, by that time I'll probably already 'own' several handguns, just on my father's license. A 1911 is calling my name... Maybe a Ruger Bisley in 44 Magnum... mmm. This urge to own another pistol or ten is getting pretty bad, and sometimes I spend so much time reading about guns during the day that I actually dream about them at night! No doubt most of you find that sad, but somewhere out there, someone understands me.

Yeah, this post has nothing to do with anything, I just felt like writing something before we go out. I'll write something else later... Who knows, maybe it'll be my first post worth reading! That day will come, I swear.


Update: Okay, so I'll admit that I enjoyed myself. Good food, good discussion, and all that stuff. I'm actually glad Applebee's was so busy because I think the food we got at Ruby Tuesday's was quite a bit better... best damn bacon cheeseburger I ever ate. I still wish Erin had been there though.

- posted by Dave @ Friday, October 15, 2004
|

Powered by Blogger
Site Meter